Jesus Storybook Bible
(Matt 27-28, Mark 15-16, Luke 23-24, John 19-20)
- Connect (engaging art activities and object lessons help prepare children for the lesson)
- Get Ready (remembering 3 practices help children transition: Legs Crossed, Hands to ourselves, and Listen)
- Story Time (storytellers share the week’s Bible story from the heart with 3 dimensional materials)
- Wonder Time (children processing the story aloud enables them to find experience faith for themselves)
- Snack and Discussion (catechism truths mined from the story help to give practical application for children’s daily lives )
- Application Activity (activities designed to meet each diverse learner helps children to stay engaged)
- Love Blast (creating space to listen to God and share encouragement helps children to know that they belong)
Engage with your child by asking them same wonder questions at home each week! Use this opportunity to really listen to your child and instead of sharing answers to their questions right away, encourage them to keep the wonder going. These are the pivotal times where we allow children to meditate on the truth and be met by God’s spirit.
- I wonder what you liked most about the story?
- I wonder what is the most important part of the story?
- I wonder what we could leave out of the story and still have all we need?
- I wonder where you see yourself in the story or what part is especially for you today?
- I wonder how this story makes you feel about Jesus? (to be used for both Old and New Testament stories)